Pages

Saturday 27 February 2010

Hasheem Thabeet Assigned to D-League

On Thursday 25th of February the Memphis Grizzlies assigned the number 2 overall pick from last years draft to the D-League after averaging 2.5 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game in 50 games on an average of 10 minutes per game, in my mind that is a waste of a pick especially the 2nd player drafted last year, the Grizzlies have instead opted to play Hamid Haddadi from Iran showing just how little confidence the team has in Thabeet.
Last night Hasheem made his D-League Debut by playing just 17 minutes 51 seconds and scoring a very low 8 points while grabbing 2 rebounds and a block, However this guy is like 7ft 3'' he should be grabbing more rebounds than that. Thabeet is know for his defensive presence yet last night he also got 4 personal fouls and 2 turnovers while only blocking 1 shot not much of a defensive presence to me.
The thing that I find shocking is that most people who play in the D-League either were not drafted or were second rounds picks or maybe even low first round picks, not the 2nd player taken overall. To me I always felt that Thabeet should have stayed in college and developed his game a little better improved his offensive repertoire rather than declare but no Hasheem felt that the NBA was where he deserved to be plus a multimillion pound contract does that to you.
There are guys in the D-League who are better than this guy yet thanks to the Grizzlies need for a big he was the one selected if I was the Grizzlies GM I probably would have picked Dejuan Blair because I have more trust in his Non-Existent ACL's than I do in Thabeet developing an offensive game.

No comments:

Post a Comment